Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kassaundra Porres, Introduction







I am a consequence of displacement. I have lived according to its rules and have adjusted to surroundings and situations at its whim. With each change I reevaluated myself and the comfort I previously created, only to be forced to repeat the process.

These photographs are my perception of moments; moments which were experienced differently by all who took part in them, but can only now be revisited in the way I choose to show. I have grown to no longer allow displacement to hold me captive. I am creating for myself a life, freeing myself despite its attempts to resurface through the fears and lack of security it has provided me with.

This is my response to displacement.



Follow Kassaundra's work here

No comments:

Post a Comment